Brand New Single

Brand New Single
News Song Sexy mama By Cprince Dropping Soon Anticipate

Finestouch 101 FM "2"

Finestouch101 FM

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Gist: Why I founded National Heritage Pageant and Awards – Chinor Emeka



Recently, she held a show to project Nigeria’s diverse cultures . Her beauty pageant is aimed at showcasing diverse talents and beauty of Nigeria. The contestants of Miss Heritage Beauty Pageant were all decked in African attire from head to toe at the contest. Their dressing and hairstyles were all trends from Nigeria. Chinor Emeka also rewarded selected individuals who have contributed to the growth of Nigerian culture, fashion and arts with awards. In this interview, she spoke with Sunday Sun about what motivated this laudable venture.
Excerpts:



For the purpose of someone meeting you for the first time, who are you?
My name is Chinor Emeka, I am the first daughter of Dr and Lady Emeka Ukaegbu. My parents are wonderful and influential. I’m the CEO of Caires Grooming Agency as well as Founder, National Heritage Awards and Miss Heritage Nigeria.

You held a grand event in Lagos recently, could you talk about it?
The event was the 4th National Heritage Awards and Miss Heritage Nigeria which took place at the Oriental Hotel, Lagos. It was beautiful, unique and with a different feel as all invited guest were happy because it was the first time such an event was held in Lagos. Guests were dressed in African fabrics and contestants didn’t represent their states of origin as they learned norms and traditions of other tribes which symbolize unity. The amazing moment was when the contestants performed One love and You and I will live as one by Onyeka Onwenu.I embarked on this project for the love I have for Nigeria and her citizens. I want Nigeria to be projected out there in all ways. Though they have been doing that through fashion,but nothing was as unique as this. Putting together these has brought a lot of joy for me because it’s very unique, it’s different from others. It’s a project that showcases who we truly are. We have creative minds, we try to reward such people, people who have also supported the youths and have given back to the society. As you can see contestants are showcasing our own fabrics. Among them is Sammie, a young designer who dresses most of the contestants. Such people need to be recognized, so does the lady who designs my dresses.

So, who sponsored the event?
The programme ought to be a sponsored one because it has to do with youth development and empowerment and foster unity in our diversity. That’s why we write to corperate bodies to get on board .Among them is Airtel , Studio 24, Terra culture, City Fm, AIT,NTA who were our major sponsors for last year’s event and by the special grace of God, they will get on board this year, including banks. My parents have been very supportive of my vision since inception. The funding has always been by my parents but this year, Airtel, did very well for us and they have been very supportive since 2011 till date. I told my parents this is what I want to do and asked them to help me build up the brand but unfortunately, they are not here today.
All the same, they gave me their full support. For the future, I expect the government will, I want it to be recognized as Nigeria’s project.

But you look like a beauty queen yourself, what’s the secret?
I participated in the Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria pageant 2009, which is different from what I’m doing today. I just realized this is not really who we are, it’s not about bikini, English clothes. This is different as it shows who we are. I came up with this idea in 2010 and followed it with Miss Heritage in 2011.

What has life taught you as a person?
In all honesty, I have learnt to trust God and God alone.Men are full of lies and deceit.
I will tell my fellow people out there especially the youths, to embrace God. Never you trust in man , here I am thanking God that he did not put me to shame. The hall was filled to capacity. All the awardees turned up, I am so grateful to God and by His grace , next year is our fifth anniversary and it will be bigger than this and I will have more people involved in it. Thank God we have great personalties here this evening who will tell the story and be a huge part of it next year and many years to come. Life has taught me never to trust in man but trust in God. A lot of people I must confess thought I couldn’t pull it through. But here am I thanking God that He did not put me to shame.

What’s the secret of your good looks?
I take mostly fruits, water and use a normal mild lotion.Well, my complexion is natural. My parents are both slim.

Tell us about your childhood?
I grew up in Imo State. I had my nursery and primary education in Owerri, Imo State. I attended , Federal Girls College, Owerri, Imo State and subsequently Madonna University and graduated with a Bsc in Anatomy. The strange part of it is that, I grew up in Owerri but I don’t have friends there. We were always indoors. Most of the friends I have today were the ones I met while I was in the university. Growing up was beautiful because I am blessed with very loving parents who made sure and still make sure I am on top of my game and always putting God first. The energy I have today is from my father. He taught me how to be a strong woman and be the best at what I do. He made sure I studied hard, put me through my home works, made sure I was the best student in Mathematics in my class, took me to the theatre to watch him operating on patients, took me on ward rounds, consultations ,and also taught me how to dispense drugs to patients.
My mum taught me how to say my prayers, be a good girl and represent my parents properly wherever I find myself, how to stand tall and elegant, how to eat right and keep fit. So, growing up was indeed beautiful, I would say my parents have influenced my life greatly.

What’s your vision for Miss Heritage Awards and Pageant?
In the next five years, it will be a project instituted in our constitution and a Nigerian project.

With this your lovely figure would you want to partake in pageants again?
No, I am training others now. I have a grooming school in Abuja. I am based in Abuja.You live in Abuja, why did you decide to host this event in Lagos?

This is the first time I am holding this show in Lagos. The maiden edition took place at Thisday Dome Abuja, second edition was held at Imo Concorde Hotels, Owerri and the third one was held in Ladi Kwali Hall, Sheraton Hotel and Towers Abuja. This present one is being held here at Oriental Hotel.

What are your favorite outfits?
I wear what suits me and try as much as possible to represent my brand,dresses made with African fabric and I like long dresses. I wear jeans but I like to wear Ankara tops and jackets on my jeans. I love high heel shoes. I feel it makes me look elegant.

What’s that piece of fashion you can’t do without?
Nothing, because I don’t go with the trends. I create my own fashion.

What’s your favourite colour?
I used to love purple. Right now, I think I love white. It signifies peace and purity.

No comments: